About National Museum of Romanian History Bucharest
The National Museum of Romanian History is sheltered by a building that has been classified as historic monument, previously named Palatul Po?telor (tr. n. the Palace of the Posts) and located in the historical centre of Bucharest. The building was built between 1894 and 1899, following the plans of architect Al. S?vulescu (1847 – 1902) and having as a source of inspiration the Palace of the Federal Posts in Geneva.
Currently, the National Museum of Romanian History holds a rich patrimony (consisting of more than 650.000 pieces, a number which increases each year; some of these pieces are remarkable objects) organised in the following collections: ceramics, lapidarium – tegularium, numismatics, philately, medals –sigillography, treasury, manuscripts, prints, fine art, decorative art, historic photo collection, engraving prints, maps, metal, weapons and equipment, textiles and furniture.
Through its collections, the National Museum of Romanian History holds a very valuable fund of mobile patrimony goods, which illustrate all of the significant periods of time in the past of the Romanian people and also from the past of ancient civilisations that have lived on the current territory of our country.